Monday, August 9, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Shortbread Tart

So... obviously I don't come up with all of these recipes on my own... I follow several cooking blogs!
I have recently found a love of baking!
I love to see people's reactions when I try a new recipe and they taste it for the first time!
I love HONEST criticism!
I love making people happy in this small way!
I love to BAKE!

OK, SO, one of the blogs that I follow is: Lick the Bowl Good
http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com
Every recipe I have tried has turned out GREAT!
(this is the same as the Cowboy Cookies!)
SO... here we go!

*I would highly recommend checking this blog out! Her pictures are amazing... and she gives better detail to this recipe as well as a printable version!*

BLUEBERRY LEMON SHORTBREAD TART

3 cups blueberries

Shortbread Crust:
14 Tablespoons unsalted butter (almost 2 sticks)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Flour

Lemon Custard:
3 Eggs
3/4 Cups Sugar
1/4 Cup Flour
2 Lemons... the zest & juice

Powdered Sugar (for the top)

*Set oven to 400, wash blueberries and set aside to "dry"

1. Make crust: combine flour, sugar, & butter. I used my food processor. Press into a 9in Spring-form Pan.
2. Bake crust until golden brown.. about 20 min.
*When you remove the crust turn the oven down to 325
3. Top with blueberries.
4. Make Lemon Custard: combine eggs & sugar. Beat. add flour. add lemon juice & zest. Beat.
5. Pour over blueberries!
6. Bake until the custard is set. Recipe says about 30 min. Mine took 50 minutes. It is kind of hard because it doesn't brown. I just checked it until it wasn't jiggly anymore!
7. WAIT... let it cool completely! That was the hard part, cause it smelled AMAZING! I used a knife around the edge of the pan to release it.
**I also cut a circle of parchment paper and put it in the bottom before the crust so it slid off easy. I don't like to cut on the base of my spring-form pan!
8. I cut and served it with a dusting of powdered sugar!
This is a WONDERFUL recipe! Everyone LOVED it!
Let me know if you try it! What did you think?

3 comments:

LindseySoren said...

oo that does look scrumptious. I will have to try. The cowboy cookies were awesome! Thanks for the yummy inspiration!

Monica H said...

Your blueberries are so pretty and I'm wishing I had the energy to make this again. You make it look so good.

Also wanted to let you know you won the pear kitchen timer on my blog- congrats!

Email me wih your address and I'll get it out to you as soon as I can. Thanks for linking back to my blog- I appreciate it :-)

Avril said...

I too recently made this lovely tart of Monica's...... easy to make for such a yummy dessert! You did a beautiful job!