Saturday, February 26, 2011

Asparagus

Do you like Asparagus?
Andrew and I went and did some grocery shopping today at Wegmans. Being a Saturday afternoon there were a ton of people, and also sample time.
 We tried this Asparagus soup that was AMAZING! I HAD to make it!
Wegmans Asparagus Soup
1 small white onion (dice)
1T pure olive oil
32oz Vegetable Stock
1lb asparagus (cut into 1in)
salt and pepper
1/2t Vogel Herbamare Herb Seasoning Salt (Nature's Marketplace)

 1. Add diced onion and olive oil to a stockpot on medium/low. Cook for about 10 min. until the onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add vegetable stock and asparagus.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Bring to a boil on High then reduce to simmer for about 5 min. until asparagus is tender.
5. Remove pot from heat. Puree soup with a hand blender (I used our Ninja) until smooth. Season with the herb seasoning.
5. Garnish with Creme Fraiche or Parmigiano-Reggiano.

This soup is AMAZING!!! It was SO EASY. It only took me less than 30 minutes start to finish. I realize the picture looks kind of nasty...  but it was the best I could do!
 Mmmmm.... tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Severin said...

That soup is awesome. We garnish it with bacon. Love Wegmans.

Chris said...

I like asparagus too. The only stinky part is what happens after you eat it.