Monday, March 14, 2011

big scare... big relief

I swear this blog is going to end up being all about this Little Pumpkin Blob, who we love so much. I guess babies start to stress you out long before they make it into the world... 

BIG SCARE: On Saturday evening I started spotting... more than any woman would feel comfortable with. And I got scared. Our first little one died sometime around 8 weeks... and I was sure that it was happening again. I cried really hard, and then decided I was not helping anything. So, Andrew gave me a blessing which helped calm my immediate fears. Then I decided the best thing I could do was relax. So, I spent the rest of the evening and all of Sunday relaxing. We stayed home from church and Andrew waited on my hand and foot... he is WONDERFUL. There is no way I could do this without him... (really no way... I guess I wouldn't be at this point without him anyway... lol)

BIG RELIEF: I decided to wait it out until today. I called my OBGYN this morning and he was able to work me into his schedule. Come to find out it was part of his lunch hour. I was so grateful. He ordered an ultrasound which I had to wait 2 hours for. I went in at 2:15 in hopes to get in sooner... nope... went in around 2:40... and had the ultrasound done. The tech was WONDERFUL! She showed us everything!

ALL IS WELL!!!!
The baby is growing really well! Last Thursday the baby was measured and a due date of October 24th was given. Today, the baby was measured and a due date of October 22nd was given!
GROW BABY GROW!!!
She also let us listen to his/her little heartbeat!!
 It was AMAZING... just AMAZING! 
On Thursday the heartbeat was 160. 
Today the heartbeat was 176.
She even turned this on... not exactly sure what it was, but you could see the blood flow in the heart. If was red/blue beating... SO NEAT. So.. that little read thing in the middle of our Pumpkin is the heart!
I am SO GRATEFUL for modern technology which made it possible for me to see our baby today and calm my fears. I am grateful that we were once again able to see and hear our baby's heartbeat! I am so thankful for an amazing tech who saw our worry, and turned on the sound again so we could just listen for a minute! And mostly I am grateful for the opportunity I have to grow this little life inside of me! I have never felt a love like this before.. it is so different, so new.
October can't come soon enough!

5 comments:

Meliss said...

So glad everything is alright with your little one and you as well! I'm excited for you and wish you the best throughout this pregnancy and the days to come.

Ashley said...

Suz- I am sooo glad to hear that everything is going good!! You are in my prayers!! :) love ya to pieces, and just for you I too am wishing OCTOBER will get here quick!! :)
Love ya!!

Alyssa Elledge said...

Hooray!!!!!! So happy for you :)

Mrs. Mom said...

Oh my word that is scary. I will keep you and your little gummy bear in our prayers because I know you will be a great mommy!

Adele said...

Oh Suzanne! I am so glad for you guys! Miscarriage is so scary and I'm so glad that wasn't the case! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.