Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Meet Lily!

So... as many of you know Andrew has been BEGGING me for the last 2 years to get a kitten. 2 years! I decided that I was going to surprise him for Christmas! I was going to get a litter box and cat food to give to him under the tree, and then let him pick a kitten from a shelter.
Well, yesterday we were out and about. We went to Michaels in Canandaigua to get some Christmas things. As I was parking Andrew says, "let's go look at the cats and dogs at Petco"
me: "they don't sell cats and dogs at Petco"
Andrew: "yes they do..."
me: "no they don't..."
pause...
me: "fine, we'll go in and I'll show you that they don't see cats and dogs at Petco"
In we go, and immediately to our right there is a thing that holds 6 cats. The Wayne County Animal Shelter was there with cats for adoption...
(for the record: I WAS RIGHT... Petco does NOT sell cats and dogs :) )
We looked at the 3 cats that were there and both IMMEDIATELY fell in love with this cat!
We spent a long time there petting her and talking to Debbie, the volunteer.

Lily's previous owners could not afford to take care of her. She was just 3 months when she was dropped off at the shelter. She is now 7 months old. She is healthy and beautiful!
This is Lily!
We are so excited to have her as part of our family!!
Welcome Home Lily!

3 comments:

Adele said...

Wow. What a cool story. And she is beautiful!

Ashley said...

Aww! :) she is so cute!

Steph said...

Jamie is very very jealous...