Tuesday, February 16, 2010

He Rocks My Socks

Happy Valentines Day
Like I said in my last blog. I hate Valentines day... that's ok. This year though, was not so bad. Andrew did a pretty good job.

Our day:
I left this on the door the night before with his present right in front of it. I thought there is NO WAY he can miss this! So... he gets up first (to make me breakfast) and walks right past it!! What the heck! He is not a morning person, I'll give him that... but really? You really missed that HUGE sign on the door?!?! So, I had to redirect him and he found it!
After opening his present he went back to the kitchen, and I went back to "sleep". Then I woke up to this... two "hole in ones" with a heart shaped center, the holes made into french toast, and OJ! YUM-O!!
After breakfast we went to church. It was nice.
Then went and delivered all of our Valentine Treats! We went to Lynda & Joe's, Sue & Dick's, and Mom & Dad's! It was so nice to visit with everyone!! Tons of fun! Sarah, Chris, and the kids got theirs in the morning when we picked up Sophie for church!
I got to spend a little while at my parent's house while Andrew went home teaching. Yes... my husband left me to do home teaching on VALENTINES DAY! Whatever!
But he made up for it with dinner!
The table... set with 4 tea light candles. My life must revolve around "4 tea light candles" ... see the post about going to Andrew's parents if you don't know what I am talking about!
We had really yummy pork chops, a baked potato, and (the best part)... asparagus!
We steamed the asparagus and then I put butter, honey, and almonds in a pan. Browned the almonds and then added the asparagus for the last few seconds! It was MAGNIFICENT!
Thank you for a WONDERFUL Valentines Day... full of YUMMY food!
I LOVE YOU!

No comments: