Just wanted to give a shout out to Friendly's who now has a menu with more healthy options!
Andrew and I decided we wanted to go out to dinner tonight for our date night. Seeing as though I am trying to change my life style to a healthier one, I find eating out difficult....
Friendly's now has a
"Meals under 555 calories for $7.99 or less" menu!
There are many options... including this
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Shrimp

Which is what I chose to have for dinner tonight!
It was a reasonable sized portion that filled me right up! Plenty, but not too much that I felt over stuffed and gross when I left. It has 490 calories.
I was REALLY careful today though with what I ate because I knew that we would be going out. I deserved a treat... right!
THANK YOU FRIENDLY'S!!
Andrew actually asked the waitress (who was so sweet to comply) for their nutritional information. She brought out this huge blue binder with a ton of information in it! She busted on Andrew a little about it too... which was really funny!
He decided to have what he originally wanted...
Kickin’ Buffalo™ Chicken Salad

BUT he was "smart" and had the blue cheese on the side, and only used a small portion of it. My opinion: after looking at the nutritional information on this... i don't know why ANYONE would want to eat it. (just in case you are wondering...it has 1180 cals with the dressing... seeing as though Andrew didn't use all the dressing, I am figuring it came out to be about 900 cal... YIKES!)
ANYWAY... I am still going strong and feeling GREAT! I finally feel like I am taking control of my life and the choices I make, especially when it comes to food and exercise. I wish I had learned this lesson sooner. I feel so good. I have more confidence, I am happier, I have more energy! I just all around feel much better about myself... so even if the number on the scale is not what I want... I feel good... and that makes me happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment